Monday, February 13, 2012

Please Sir, can I have some more?


Monday, February 13
This week is the half term for the schools here (like a spring break), so none of the teaching fellows had to go into our practicum today. Instead I started the day with a grocery run to Sainsbury. Usually we go to Tesco Metro which is walking distance or a bus ride away. Sainsbury is a tube ride, but supposedly it’s cheaper so we checked it out. We seemed to disagree, the prices didn’t make up for lack of convenience…
*London Fact*: the call their bread either white or wholemeal…it’s taken me awhile to figure out which bread I want (that’s not really a London Fact, more of a London Experience…)

After Sainsbury and lunch, a few of us headed to the Charles Dickens museum. As a museum it was nothing special (which is probably why they are renovating it starting in April). However, the museum is where Dickens and his family lived for their two years in London. In other words, I was in the room where Dickens wrote Oliver Twist! I saw the very desk he wrote on! So as an English major, that’s very cool to me! This means I need to actually read some of his works instead of just seeing their play or movie adaptations…
*Travel Fact*: I love physical books too much so I’m not sold on Nooks/Kindles yet, however I do see the advantage of having on for travel purposes….

Okay sorry this blog is pretty simple & picture-less, but that’s all that happened today! After the museum I bought a webcam, went to Teaching & Learning class where we learned about UK education legislation, came home, made a delicious stir fry dinner, and worked on homework. That’s about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment