Monday, April 2, 2012

April Showers bring May Flowers


April 1:
Palm Sunday Mass was a bit…interesting…The actual Mass was nice, but the Priest had the congregation start outside for the blessing of the palms. This was after everyone was already waiting in the pews so moving outside, listening, and then moving back inside was a bit…chaotic honestly. Still a nice Mass though.

After that Sunday was basically a buckle down and work day. I spent a few hours in Café Nerro with unlimited internet to work on some homework. That’s about it.

April 2:
Because our schools just finished a term, they are on a 2 week end of term/Easter break. In other words, we have 2 Mondays off from our practicum! I wanted to do more than sit around the flat today, but a lot of people still had work to do. So I had a little London adventure of my own.

I started by checking out Daunt Books. It’s kind of known I guess around here, and everyone walks around with the cotton canvas bags. I wanted a bag. : ) It’s very English Teacher nerdy of me. I need to come back with my camera because it’s so cool! The front seems pretty normal, but when you walk to the back there’s the floor you’re on, the basement, and the gallery above. I need to take pictures! This back section is organized by countries and is so quiet. I could have spent so much time in there, but I made myself buy what I came for and leave. 


After that I walked from Marylebone High Street to Oxford Street. Oxford Street is THE shopping street. There are lots of places to shop, but this is the long street that is always crowded with pedestrians no matter what day or what time. Because it was nice out I just decided to walk along the street, so I ended up walking the whole length of the street! Okay well I missed part of it because of where I started, but then I walked part of it twice, so for all intents and purposes, I walked the whole street.

To give you a feel for how long the street is….There are at least 4 full H&Ms, at least 8-maybe more- McDonald’s… Basically all of the chains along that street are repeated 3 or 4 times, maybe even more, plus of course huge department stores and local chain shopping stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment